Objective Type Question or MCQ of Electrical Circuits and Magnetic Fields page-2
16. A passive network
17.If an electrical network having one or more than one voltage sources is transformed into equivalent electrical network with a single voltage source (which is open circuit voltage of previous circuit) with series internal resistance of the network with all voltage sources replaced by their internal resistances.
a) Has no current source
b) Has no e.m.f. source
c) Has neither of the above
d) Has either of the above
The above illustration is called
18. In the circuit given below, the ammeter reads 0.1 ampere and voltmeter 10 volts. The internal resistance of the ammeter is 1 ohm and that of voltmeter is 500 ohms. What is the value of R?
a) Reciprocity theorem
b) Thevenin’s theorem
c) Superposition theorem
19.In the circuit given below the power factor will be
a) 110 ohms
b) 120 ohms
c) 115 ohms
d) 112.5 ohms
e) 125 ohms
20. If a = 4 < 20° and b = 2 < 10° then the value of a/b, will be :
21. The conjugate of the complex quantity (a + jb) will be
a) 2 < 10°
b) 2 < 30°
c) 2 < -10°
d) 2 < 20°
22. Mass in the MKS unit system is analogous to
a) – a – jb
b) – a + jb
c) A - jb
d) Ja – b
23.A damped oscillation has the equation I = 50 e-10tsin 628 t. What will be the frequency of a oscillation?
24. In a loss-free R-L-C circuit the transient current is
a) 50 Hz
b) 75 Hz
c) 100 Hz
d) 60 Hz
25. A 0.5 meter long conductor carrying a current of 2 amperes is placed in a magnetic field having the flux density of 0.05 wb/m2. What will be the amount of force experienced by the conductor?
d) Square wave
26. Two parallel conductors carry the same current in the same direction. What kind of mutual force they will experience?
a) 1 New
b) 2 New
c) 0.05 New
d) 0.5 New
27. Which of the following statement is correct?
d) Either (a) or (b)
28. If a coil has a resistance of 10 ohms and an inductance of 1 H, what will be the value of current 0.1 second after switching on a 500 V d.c. supply?
a) The flow of current in the electric circuit involves discontinuous expenditure of energy.
b) The flow of current in the electric circuit requires energy for creating the current but not to maintain it.
c) In the magnetic circuit energy is needed continuously to maintain the flux.
d) In the magnetic circuit energy is needed for creating the flux initially but not to maintain it.
29. The r.m.s. value of an alternating current is given by steady (d.c) current which when flowing through a given circuit for given time produces
a) 6.32 A
b) 3.16 A
c) 3.7 A
d) 4.0 A
30.In case of an unsymmetrical alternating current the average value must always be taken over
a) The same heat as produced by a.c. when flowing through the same circuit
b) The less heat than produced by a.c. when flowing through the same circuit
c) The more heat than produced by a.c. when flowing through the same circuit
d) 14.4 calories
a) The half cycle
b) The whole cycle
c) Unsymmetrical part of the waveform
d) The quarter cycle